Assembly Automation Case Studies: Automotive poka-yoke assembly bench for automotive latch
Explore the Assembly Automation Section
Automatic assembly machines and automation system solutions provide the best method for reducing labour costs, increasing output and eliminating manual handling concerns.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your factory assembly automation processes
- Assembly Automation
- Pallet Transfer Systems
- Rotary Systems
- Assembly Benches
- Robotics and Handling
- Checking Jigs & Assembly Fixtures
- Case Studies
- Co-operating Robots
- Pallet Assembly System for Automotive Glovebox Latch
- Pallet Assembly System for Metal Pressed Parts
- Laser Marking & Verification System
- Lead Pot Robotic Handling System
- Automotive Plug Feed & Check System
- Poka Yoke Assembly Bench for Automotive Latch
- Bearing Automatic Heat, Press & Assembly System
- Hot Insert, Cold Insert & Seal Assembly/Check System
- Robotic Weld & Fabrication System
- SCARA Robot cell for Automatic Assembly of a Small Electrical Handset
- Semi-Automatic Assembly System for Automotive Radiators
- Cylinder Head Cover Clean, Assemble and Test Suite
- Automotive Hinge Assembly & Test System
Part: Plastic Automotive Latch (Handed Pairs)
Machine supplied: Poka Yoke Assembly Checking Bench for Automotive Plastic Assembly
Overview: This poka yoke checking system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to manually assemble, check and automatically function test a component within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to supply a fully tested assembly to their customer, a leading automotive vehicle manufacturer.
Download details of this system as a PDF
- Manual Assembly Area
- Self-guarding drawer style fixture
- Automated part presence detection
- Automatic function test
- Assembly bench for poka yoke checking with modular construction including light and fan for operator comfort
TQC has produced a free standing poka-yoke checking bench and fixture to check and function test a plastic moulded automotive assembly, featuring both left-hand and right-hand variants.
The assembly bench provides space for the hand assembly of the unit, and features storage bins for all the necessary components and for completed product post-test. The test fixture checks that all the necessary parts are in place and then performs a functional test whereby the assembly is opened and closed, checking that the unit operates in a satisfactory manner.
This system is an example of where poka yoke assembly check equipment is a cost effective solution that helps bring time savings efficiency to the manual labour processes associated with producing quality assured, checked assemblies. TQC manufacture automated and semi-automated assembly systems that provide poka yoke inspections that help eliminate failures in production line and assembly system operations.
To find out more about how we can help you with your automated and semi-automated assembly systems:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.