Assembly Automation Case Studies: Semi-automatic assembly system for automotive radiators
Explore the Assembly Automation Section
Automatic assembly machines and automation system solutions provide the best method for reducing labour costs, increasing output and eliminating manual handling concerns.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your factory assembly automation processes
- Assembly Automation
- Pallet Transfer Systems
- Rotary Systems
- Assembly Benches
- Robotics and Handling
- Checking Jigs & Assembly Fixtures
- Case Studies
- Co-operating Robots
- Pallet Assembly System for Automotive Glovebox Latch
- Pallet Assembly System for Metal Pressed Parts
- Laser Marking & Verification System
- Lead Pot Robotic Handling System
- Automotive Plug Feed & Check System
- Poka Yoke Assembly Bench for Automotive Latch
- Bearing Automatic Heat, Press & Assembly System
- Hot Insert, Cold Insert & Seal Assembly/Check System
- Robotic Weld & Fabrication System
- SCARA Robot cell for Automatic Assembly of a Small Electrical Handset
- Semi-Automatic Assembly System for Automotive Radiators
- Cylinder Head Cover Clean, Assemble and Test Suite
- Automotive Hinge Assembly & Test System
Client: Global Automotive Radiator Manufacturer
Part: Automotive Radiators
Machine supplied: Semi-Automatic Assembly System for Automotive Radiators
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to assemble and test a wide range of radiators within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to assemble and test radiators for they could supply quality assured units to their customers
Download details of this system as a PDF
- Flexible, configurable system
- TAKT time of 120 seconds
- Pallet tooling with features to allow lift and rotation of parts
- Assembly tool stations
- Leak test station
- Intelligent power tools
- Local operator control boxes
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) display system with 6 PC screens
- Barcode reading for part verification
- Label generation
- Live assembly line data on screen
- System configured for over 100 different part numbers
This facility has been designed to provide a semi-automatic assembly process and comprises of a slip chain conveyor, which conveys 8 off pallets, which in turn have inter-changeable tooling to suit the radiator system being assembled.
There are 4 manual workstations, a leak test and an un-load station along the front edge of the conveyor, the opposite side of the conveyor is simply used to return empty pallets back to the start. At each of the manual stations is located an electronic torque driver, tooling nest for drive bits and an operator interface panel.
The leak test station has a manually operated guard in front of the test to protect the operator, this is interlocked to the safety circuit.
To find out more about how we can help you with your automated or semi-automated assembly systems:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.