Leak Testing Case Studies: Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Test Bench
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Leak Test Cell with Robotic Handling
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Client: Leading Automotive Brake Parts Supplier
Part: Brake Assembly
Machine supplied: Leak and Flow Testing Bench with Twin Stations
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to leak and flow test brake assemblies within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to supply qaulity, tested parts to their customers.
Download details of this system as a PDF
TQC have recently developed an innovative system for the automatic testing of high specification brake parts.
The operator manually loads a part into the machine and connects the test line to it. Firstly, an air flow test is performed to check for blockage. If successful, the part is automatically shrouded in a close fitting test chamber and 3 successive leak tests are performed using a differential leak test instrument as follows -
Good parts are pass stamped on completion.
Two stations allow the leak tests to be carried out on one station while the flow test is carried out on the other and vice versa.
To allow testing of different sizes and types of arts, interchangeable tooling is supplied.
- Standard aluminium extrusion bench
- Universal fixture areas
- Light guard access to each station
- Fully automatic sealing fixture
- PLC control system
- Built in differential leak test instrument
- Standard operator interface panel
- Suitable for medium to high volume applications
Leak Test Description
All the leak tests check for zero brake fluid leakage at various service pressure conditions.
- 1st leak test is performed at 2 bar
- 2nd leak test is performed at 0.5 bar
- 3rd leak test is selectable between 35 bar and 160 bar.
- Nominal throughput is approximately 1 part per minute on a 2-station machine.
This bespoke test system is based around the standard TQC series 40 range of equipment.
To find out more about how we can help you with your leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.