Leak Testing Case Studies: High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Test Bench
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Leak Test Cell with Robotic Handling
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Client: Manufacturer of Fire Extinguishing Sprinklers
Machine supplied: High pressure leak test bench
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to high pressure test sprinkler bodies within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to test a rnage of sprinkler body sizes and connection threads.
Download details of this system as a PDF
The system shown is a quality control audit leak test facility with data logging for a brass product.
There is a range of product sizes and shapes that are tested using interchangeable tooling inserts that interface with a common nest. The product is loaded into a drawer style fixture and moved into the test area manually, the leak test is fully automatic.
The leak test using high pressure nitrogen inside the product with the Nolek S9 leak test instrument using a vacuum chamber around the part and detecting pressure rise in the chamber outside the component. To ensure that the instrument is not damaged by a grossly leaking part an initial low pressure test is performed, the part must past this test before the high pressure test is carried out.
The test results are fed back into a PC for analysis with batch data, part number, die number and other parameters logged.
- Brass cast product (7 variants)
- Self guarding drawer fixtures
- Integrated Leak Test Instrument with fixture control and PC interface
- TQC Series 30 leak test technology
- Leak test uses –0.2bar vacuum externally and 34 bar Nitrogen internally
- An air leakage limit of 50mm3/sec
- Leak test time approximately 25 seconds
To find out more about how we can help you with your leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.