Leak Testing Case Studies: Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Client: Tier 2 Automotive Plastic Fuel Systems Manufacturer
Part: Plastic Fuel Rail Assembly
Machine supplied: Combined leak test, poka yoke and burst test bench
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to automatically 100% leak test and 1% burst test plastic fuels rails within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to check that the assembly operations have been completed, then automatically leak test and burst test as required.
Download details of this system as a PDF
This piece of equipment has been designed and built to leak test an automotive fuel rail to a leak specification limit of 4mm3/sec at 3.5 bar. A second test was carried out on every 100th part, this is a high pressure burst or proof test at 25 bar for a duration of 1 minute.
- Single station machine with manual load / unload
- Automatic sealing of single fill port and two end ports with four fixed seals for the side ports.
- Interchangable fixtures for diffrent variants of fuel rail
- Nolek TS600 Leak Test Instrument
- Air decay leak test @ 3.5bar
- Burst test @ 25 bar from bottled gas
- Hot stamping of tested parts
- Fully enclosed fixture
- PLC controlled
All TQC equipment is supplied with full CE marking, operator and service manuals, spares lists and maintenance wiring diagrams.
To find out more about how we can help you with your leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.