Leak Testing Case Studies: V6 Engine Leak Test Facility
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Test Bench
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Leak Test Cell with Robotic Handling
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Client: Multi-National Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer
Part: Automotive V6 Engine
Machine supplied: Fully automatic short engine final leak test machine
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to 100% leak test engines within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to leak test the water jacket and oil gallery within a fully assembled engine. In addition, a rework system was supplied for leak location using tracer gas.
Download details of this system as a PDF
- Simultaneous leak testing of water and oil systems
- Internal leak testing of oil and water cavities
- Automatic sealing of assembled engines
- Nolek TS600 leak test instruments
- Palletised conveyor system with individual engine bar codes
- Tracer gas charging and purging console for use with helium or hydrogen.
- Quick connect sealing plug.
- Hand held sniffer probe for leak area location.
- Automatic reject conveyor loop with manual leak location station.
- Manual leak test location rectification fixturing
- Office-based data management computer (DMC) connected to the leak test system via a local area network
- The DMC allows selection and viewing of historical test results and the ability to edit test limits. A facility is provided to export data for processing by other spreadsheet and database software.
- Programmable leak rates and test pressures to suit different engine variants
Typical leak limits are:
Water system: 10cc/min @ 1bar
Oil system: 25cc/min @ 0.3bar
Internal water to oil 10cc/min @ 0.7bar differential
One 2.5 or 3.0 litre engine every 50 seconds.
To find out more about how we can help you with your leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.