Leak Testing: Air Decay - Vacuum
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Test Bench
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
TQC provide air decay leak testing solutions for all types of components to measure air pressure decay.
For these solutions, standard leak testing measurement instruments are incorporated to find drop off in air pressure or air flow on the components being tested.
TQC offer test pressures between vacuum and, typically, 16bar (150psig) as standard, with leaktesting measurements down to a resolution of 1 atm.mm3/sec. All air decay leak test parameters may be programmed into the instruments supplied as part of the solution, and the resulting data is available for subsequent Statistical Process Control (SPC) analysis.
Vacuum leak testing facility for automotive oil sumps
Vacuum air decay testing (below 0 bar)
Differential vacuum leak testing has a number of advantages -
- Offers more robust leak testing by minimising external effects
- Limits temperature dependency effects
- Assists sealing loading
- Reduced stabilisation time
- Often a faster throughput
- Indirect leak calculation
- Offers complex fault detection
Vacuum air decay leak testing is suitable for the following component and environment applications:
- Welded pipe fittings
- Large volume parts
- Automotive engine sumps
The generation of the vacuum is an additional element of the leak test and requires either a vaccum ejectors and for larger volumes a vaccum pump to be added to the equipment supplied for the leak testing. Generally vacuum stabilises quicker and is less susceptible to changes in ambient conditions.
To find out more about how we can help you with your air decay leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.