Leak Testing: Leak test machines
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Test Bench
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Leak Test Cell with Robotic Handling
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Standard machines and bespoke solutions
The test method used depends on the application and the leak rate that is acceptable, these principles are outlined on the Basic Principles Page.
TQC Ltd specialise in automatic leak testing of components using water submersal, air decay, vacuum or hyrdrogen / helium tracer gas methods.
Pressure/Vacuum - for these systems, TQC have experience of supplying a range of leak measurement instruments from different suppliers. Test pressures between vacuum and 16bar (150psig) are available as standard. Leak measurement may be made down to a resolution of 1 atm.mm3/sec. All test parameters may be programmed into the instruments, and the result data is available for subsequent SPC analysis.
Pressure decay machines are: lowest cost solution, simple to understand, give direct value results, offer direct calibration, are temperature dependent, require that the component must be stable
Helium Systems - for these systems, TQC Provide complete test facilities utilising leak test instruments and pumping groups from leading global suppliers. Helium leak testing, is generally used for specifications which are too stringent for pressure decay, or where the component is large in volume or not stable in shape or temperature. The leak measurement resolution may be typically 1 x 10-6 atm.mm3/sec.
Helium detection machines: are the most sensitive
(typically 1 x 10-6, 1 x 10-10 is possible), are independent of temperature,
are independent of volume, offer high throughput,
are the most expensive solution, and are often the
Test equipment capabilities
TQC combines extensive experience with a modular approach. The best modern data capture methods and proven software techniques are engineered into your production environment to provide reliable and easily maintainable equipment.
- Air/vacuum leak testing
- Gas trace leak testing
- Flash testing
- Environment Testing
To find out more about how we can help you with your leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.