Leak Testing Case Studies: High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vials for the Medical Industry
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Test Bench
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Leak Test Cell with Robotic Handling
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Client: Multi-National Medical Diagnostic Device Manufacturer
Part: Medical vials
Machine supplied: Automatic high speed vial leak tester
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to leak test plastic vials / containers within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to 100% leak test the sealed containers that contain diagnostic strips.
Download details of this system as a PDF
TQC have recently developed a high speed, indexing rotary table based, leak test machine for handling and testing medical vials at 70 per minute. The system incorporates leak test instruments, 10 banks of test modules and 2 display panels, these allow the plastic parts to be tested 10 at a time.
The machine is fully automatic and utilises step feeders for accepting bulk, random product from a stillage, these two feeders transfer parts to an infeed mechanism to orientate and feed the parts in a 5 x 2 matrix.
The indexing table has 4 positions, one for loading the parts, one for testing, one for unloading and a final empty station.
The unload system incorporates dedicated tooling to allow the parts to be placed into pass, gross leak fail or fine leak fail bins. A fail safe system is included to ensure that there is no cross contamination of pass and fail parts.
The system is PLC controlled and interfaces to a PC for data logging.
The unit incorporates:
- Elevating step feeder
- 4-position indexing table
- 10 Leak test instruments
- Dedicated unload of each part
- Nolek S9 technology
- 70 parts per minute
- PLC control with PC data logging
Nolek S9 Leak Test Instrument
The S9 has taken air leak test technology to the limit by combining the most sensitive pressure differential leak test valving with the most advanced front-end interface available.
The S9 has an architecture that enables up to five functional valve modules to be connected to a single front-end interface, allowing simultaneous testing of five volumes. Each module has an electronic pressure regulator for setting the test pressure automatically from the Instrument.
To find out more about how we can help you with your high speed or complex leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.