Leak Testing Case Studies: Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Client: Tier 2 Automotive Plastic Engine Part Manufacturer
Part: Plastic sump pipe assembly
Machine supplied: Twin fixture automatic insert assembly and leak test machine
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to assemble and test plastic sump pipes within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to insert compression limiters (ambient temperature), insert brass inserts (hot) and leak test the finished assembly.
Download details of this system as a PDF
Vacuum leak test / hot insert / cold insert
- Simple to operate
- Floor to floor cycle time of 35s for 2 assemblies per cycle
- 80% Vacuum Leak Test
- 1 Hot Insert (2500C)
- 2 Cold Inserts
- Contolled by a PLC
- Calibration satisfies the requirements of ISO9000
This machine combines TQC's experience of leak detection and automatic inserting. In the case of this machine, if the leak test fails, the automatic inserting process will not actuate.
Vacuum Leak Test
The test pieces and the reference volume are simultaneously evacuated. The air in the system is then allowed to stabilise, with the supply valves all closed. The differential pressure is then measured using a transducer.
Both types of insert are presented to the component by a combination of vibrating bowl feeders and automatic handling system. There are two oval inserts and one hot insert which is automatically melted into the plastic.
Safety guard system
A well proven safety system, built to UK and European safety standards allows a fast loading and unloading of the test pieces.
The equipment is supplied with full CE marking, operator and service manuals, spares lists and maintenance wiring diagrams.
To find out more about how we can help you with your leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.