Leak Testing Case Studies: High Pressure Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
Explore the Leak Testing Section
Leak Testing is used to ensure quality, tested and proven parts are supplied into the market. The use of leak testing equipment eliminates failures in the field.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your leak testing requirements
- Air Decay
- Other Test Methods
- Leak Testing Services
- Standard Equipment
- Case Studies
- Automotive Brake Leak and Flow Testing
- Automotive Bedplate Leak Test Machine
- Battery Tray Leak Test Machine
- Chilled Beam Leak Test
- Flexible Leak Test Facility
- Fuel Tank Leak Testing
- Helium Leak Testing of Automotive Fuel Pipes
- High Pressure Audit Leak Testing System with Datalogging
- High Speed Leak Testing of Pipe Fittings using Air and Helium
- High Speed Leak Testing of Plastic Vial for the Medical Industry
- Leak Test Facility for Water Valves
- Casting Leak Testing of Engine Blocks
- Medical Filter Leak Test Machine
- Medical Showerhead Leak Test Machine
- Plastic Fuel Rail Leak and Burst Test Machine
- Plastic Sump Pipe Leak Test and Assembly
- Small Medical Device Leak Test Machine
- Twin Station Leak Test Machine for Oils Sumps
- V6 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V6 Engine Leak Test Machine
- V8 Cylinder Head Leak Test Machine
- V8 Engine Block Leak Test Machine
- Valve Block Leak Test Machine
- Vauxhall Leak Test Machine
- Weapon Leak Test Machine
Client: Large process / water valve manufacturer
Part: Water valves
Machine supplied: Leak test facility
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to leak test large valves within their production environment. TQC developed this system alongside the client to allow them to leak and function test a range of valves.
Download details of this system as a PDF
Water valves with diameters of 20-100mm can be leak tested both internally and externally using the 'differential pressure with water' technique.
The features of the machine include easily removable tools for the variable diameters of valves and torque control for closing the valve, and rotation control at opening and closing of the valve. The control panel is accessible, with a keyboard for the setting of parameters, such as programmes, times, alarm points and pressures. The display indicates the test process, pressures and a test result in pascals. A separate pump stand allows access for maintenance.The measurement pneumatic equipment is contained within a separate enclosure
There is a pressure tank and return water tank with requisite filters and valves included, and a sugevac vaccum pump for vaccum pumping of the valve before filling with water, which provides a high filling rate and eliminates the fill time before pressure stabilisation. the maximum external test pressure is 25 bar. A drip tray is placed under the fixture to collect waste water and at the lowest point, there is a pump for the evacuation of waste water.
- Test piece:Water valve, diameter 20-100mm
- External Pressure:40 bar
- Internal pressure:25 bar
- Leak rate: 2 drops water per sec
- Cycle time: Approx 70 sec (without handling)
- Power supply 240/400 V 50H z,
- Air approx 6 bar,
- water and drain BSP/NPT threads
Upon activation of the start button, the valve is automatically loaded and the protective guard descends, and automatically locks. The guard may be opened after the test pressure has been reached to allow for visual leak location. The machine is equipped with clear protective guards and safety switches on three sides to allow for valve maintenance and filter exchange.
To find out more about how we can help you with your leak testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines experience to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.