Special Machines Case Studies: Front bumper assembly and pressing machine
Explore the Special Machines Section
Special Machines and custom built equipment provide the best method for solving those bespoke requirements which include assembly, handling and testing disciplines.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your special machines and custom, bespoke machine requirements
- Special Machines
- Test Machine Equipment
- Plastic Processing
- Feasibility Studies / Proof of Principal / Prototyping
- Case Studies
- Turbocharger Testing
- Clutch Testing
- Plastic Bumper Punch Machines
- Plastic Bumper Assembly and Checking Fixtures
- Plastic Bumper Painting & Polishing Fixtures
- Rear Bumper Handling, Assembly and Pressing
- Front Bumper Assembly and Pressing
- Mechanical Handling - Dynamic Buffer Conveyor
- Platen Based Flow Testing of Turbocharger Housings
- Gas Supply and Monitoring System
Client: Leading Global Automotive Plastic Moulding Supplier
Machinery supplied: Front Bumper Assembly and Pressing Machine
Overview: This equipment has been designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to assemble and press front bumper moulding components together into a complete assembly. TQC developed this equipment alongside the client to allow them to supply front bumper modules to their customers who are generally automotive vehicle manufacturers
Download details of this equipment as a PDF
- Fabricated Frame
- Laser cut tooling
- Light curtain operator access
- HMI with graphical operator / maintenance prompts
- Barcode driven assembly sequence
- Automated pressing of parts with sensing.
- Part clamping, only released for passed parts
- Integrated X-Rite paint colour sensing
TQC have produced a suite of equipment for the semi-automatic assembly of a complex front bumper assembly.
The machine tooling provides location for the main painted front bumper mouldings to which the operator adds a number of trim pieces.
A barcode drives the assembly process for each part with the machine HMI indicating the required items for the operator to fit.
Painted mouldings are automatically colour sensed using a X-Rite system.
The operator manually loads all indicated parts onto the bumper, ensuring that clips are properly aligned before the machine completes the assembly automatically by pressing home the individual components.
The main bumper moulding is automatically clamped into the tooling and is only released once all the components have been assembled correctly.
TQC can also supply fixtures for bumper assembly and handling for other areas with the production system.
To find out more about how we can help you with your special machine and front bumper assembly requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.