Special Machines: Pressure testing solutions
Explore the Special Machines Section
Special Machines and custom built equipment provide the best method for solving those bespoke requirements which include assembly, handling and testing disciplines.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your special machines and custom, bespoke machine requirements
- Special Machines
- Test Machine Equipment
- Plastic Processing
- Feasibility Studies / Proof of Principal / Prototyping
- Case Studies
- Turbocharger Testing
- Clutch Testing
- Plastic Bumper Punch Machines
- Plastic Bumper Assembly and Checking Fixtures
- Plastic Bumper Painting & Polishing Fixtures
- Rear Bumper Handling, Assembly and Pressing
- Front Bumper Assembly and Pressing
- Mechanical Handling - Dynamic Buffer Conveyor
- Platen Based Flow Testing of Turbocharger Housings
- Gas Supply and Monitoring System
Pressure testing involves applying stored energy to an assembly of parts, in order to verify its strength, its integrity and/or its functionality. Pressure Testing generally uses the application of a test fluid (liquid or gas) into a volume and the fluid is then pressurised to exert pressure forces onto the test object that can be measured.
Pressure testing is used in many industry sectors and on a number of different parts including many automotive castings and fabrications
Pressure testing can be used for the following applications:
- Proof pressure testing to ensure that a required working pressure is safe to use, this is generally around 1.25 to 1.5 times the design pressure
- Leak testing of parts where the pressure change is monitored against a defined leak limit so to pass/fail tested parts.
- Burst testing where a part is tested to destruction and the burst pressure recorded
- Fatigue testing
- Durability testing
Left: Pressure testing machine designed and manufactured by TQC. This machine is capable of a hydraulic cycling test of gas cylinders @ 450bar, system complete with full data monitoring. Typical tests are carried out for up to 20,000 cycles
Centre: Hydrostatic pressure testing bench that handles welded pipe assemblies at a pressure up to 30 bar with nitrogen purge
Right: TQC designed heat exchanger pressure test benches using air under water and pressurised water (with fluorescent dye). The test bench includes a safety interlocked proof pressure test prior to leak testing that is performed by manual inspection.
TQC provide pressure test equipment and a pressure and leak testing service for pressures upto 1095bar.
All the equipment supplied considers safety in accordance with Health & Safety Executive “Safety in Pressure Testing” Guidance Note GS4 (fourth edition, http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/gs4.pdf ).
Pressure testing can be performed on dedicated equipment or be a station within a system.
To find out more about how we can help you with your special machine and pressure testing requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.